Have I always been destined to be a photographer?
I like to think so but it certainly wasn't the plan. Like many others I loved photography as a child but didn't rediscover that love until my last semester of college after giving birth to my rainbow/nicu baby. As soon as I wrapped up schooling I dove head first into photography and soon learned I wanted to document it all and not miss a beat.
When in the midst of a newborn session, there comes this moment when your baby melts in my hands, I get to be a baby whisperer and it makes me feel alive!!! Then there are times during a family session when your child needs nothing more than to feel your arms holding them tight, these moments are so damn tender it’s almost a crime not to capture them. Now for the contradiction… I THRIVE in chaos… I have a love for real-life messy moments.
When your children can’t sit still and they feel the need to show off their personalities by running, laughing and being all-around goofballs that’s when I’m really able to let loose and have fun. I freaking love this, it's real and true. How could I pick which moments mean the most? And honestly who the hell am I to do so? Ya feel me? ALL your moment's matter so let me do my thang and capture them. The best part of me being a walking contradiction is it doesn’t matter how your babies act or what mood they are in because I love it all and I am here to document the heck out of it for ya!
- Being a mom and stealing snuggles from my babes.
Or yours during a newborn session cause lets be honest I totally do it for the snuggles!
- A smile so big it wrinkles your nose, is there any smile better than that?
- Shopping at Target, Home Goods, Hobby Lobby… any will do as long as I have an Oregon chai in hand.
- Educating/Helping others. I took my biz from side hustle to full blown living my dream. I love to help others gain perspective on how to do that for themselves
- Earrings, I love earrings, especially a good hoop, but I HATE bracelets. I'm crazy weird sis!